Deb Steinhart is embarking on her first Infinite Wishes Bali Retreat. Sure to be the experience of a lifetime, this is another example of how Deb is fulfilling her own dreams. Read my interview with Deb to learn all about Infinite Wishes, her retreats and inspiration behind her Aladdin's Lamp necklace.
Entries in Deb Steinhart (5)
Last night Deb Steinhart hosted the Infinite Wishes Party & Networking Event at Margaret Zox Brown's Manhattan studio. It was a wonderful evening, I came home super-charged. Not only did I meet a number of fun, interesting and funny women, but the event also included speakers with inspirational stories.
As I've been reading blogs and talking to other entrepreneurs I've noticed a lot of frustration lately. A lot of people, myself included, feel like they're putting a lot of effort into their endeavors but not seeing any immediate returns. With talks of the down economy and people losing their jobs, we're all hoping this work will pay off soon.
This event couldn't have come at a better time. The main theme of the presentations was "Live in the moment!" Each speaker shared stories of how letting go and following your dreams is the way to live your life. The trials and tribulations offer life lessons that should be embraced. Every milestone, every step happens at the right time. Both speakers, Jennifer Wiklov and Randall Hayward are living proof of the success that can be found by following your heart. Jennifer, a marketing and business expert us the award winning author of "Dating Your Money" practices martial arts, climbs mountains, and loves life. Randall, the founder of Taksu Spa in Bali travels the world, lectures and lives in supreme serenity.
By the end of the evening I felt newly invigorated, met some awesome new people and warmed the soul a bit. Thanks so much Deb!
You can learn more about Deb's Infinite Wishes (and her upcoming Bali retreats) by checking out the Infinite Wishes web site.
Deb Steinhart of Infinite Wishes has organized a trip to Bali, inspired by her beautiful Infinite Wishes necklace.
Consider waking up in the exotic land of Bali to the aroma of sandalwood, bay leaf, and jasmine while uncovering your soul's deepest desires during a week of renewal. The only one of its kind, the InfiniteWishesTM Workshop and Spa Retreat on June 7-14, 2009 or June 14-21, 2009 provides you with the unique opportunity to learn the power and magic of manifesting your hopes and dreams. Part workshop, part spa, part cultural experience, this unique journey is designed to empower, inspire and create. And from the moment you land until the moment you leave, we anticipate and meet all of your needs.
Bali, consistently rated the #1 travel destination by Conde Nast and Travel & Leisure Magazines, is the perfect spot for this renewal. Click here for photos.
Deb Steinhart, founder and President of The S.W.A.T. Team, Inc, a pharmaceutical marketing firm, and creator and founder of InfiniteWishesTM, has partnered with artist and teacher Mary Henry, who will facilitate this dynamic, creative and transformative workshop. Randall Hayward, founder of the world-class Taksu Spa in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia is hosting the event. The spa is in the heart of Ubud set amidst a quietly flowing stream only five minutes away from many fine restaurants, galleries, museums, temples and shops.
Created with the intention of offering the best possible value, the following amenities are included:
- Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport Pick Up and Delivery/Return
- $25 in Indonesian Currency given (1 USD=12.055 Rupiah) at Airport for Incidentals
- 1-2 Hours of Reflexology and Massages Upon Arrival
- Lodging in Beautiful Bungalows with Pool, Air Conditioning, Internet Cafe, ATM Machines
- Sarong and Sash (Required for Temple and Sacred Sites)
- Daily Tropical Breakfasts and Fabulous Lunches
- Welcome Dinner and Ceremonial Traditional Balinese Dinner on Last Evening with Special Gift
- 4-day Vision Workshop
- Full Spa Day at Taksu Spa
- Courtesy Discount Card for Extra Spa Services
- 1 Extended Day Trip to Special Balinese Treasures
- Drivers and Guides on Tour Days
- Admissions to All Sites (Sacred Sites, Monkey Forest, Elephant Rides, etc.)
- Guided Sightseeing Tours
- 2 Evening Local Bali Cultural Performances
- Personal Digital Photo Journal of Workshop and Retreat
- Handmade InfiniteWishesTM Day Journal for Recording Thoughts and Experiences
*About InfiniteWishesTM: InfiniteWishesTM is a company that inspires others to discover and unlock their personal magic. To facilitate this, Deb Steinhart has designed and created the unique Aladdin's Lamp necklace that embodies hope, inspiration and fulfillment. To further the journey of empowerment, Deb and Mary Henry, have created this workshop.
For more information please visit www.myinfinitewishes.com
COST: $3,695 Early enrollment, paid in full by April 1, 2009, airfare not included. After April 1, cost $3,995 with enrollment deadline, May 1, 2009, airfare not included.
Planning for Wednesday's event had consumed my thoughts for about a week. My marketing strategy went from a small idea to execution in a matter of days. I had a first instinct about how to display my goods, but tried to come up with alternatives. One thing that I've really learned by now: go with your instincts. Preparing my display, I thought "I've spent a lot of time on this, what happens if it doesn't work out? I'll be calling it close to the deadline." Those thoughts of self-doubt are really unproductive. Of course it came out beautifully. In addition, I had the satisfaction of knowing my instincts were correct.
The event wasn't all about sales, it was also for networking. The National Organization for Women Business Owners is just that, an organization supporting and bringing together women who own there own businesses. Once my table was set up and I was situated, it was nice to remove my mental focus from myself.
Over the course of the evening I had the opportunity to meet women who are doing some exciting things:
- Deb Steinhart was there with her Infinite Wishes necklaces. This is the second event I've attended with Deb. It's so wonderful to see her, she has such a great attitude. We're at the same level with our businesses, so it's exciting to share experiences, concerns and questions. I also love to hear her talk about her necklaces.
- Karineh from Bel Biscotto was also there. I've tried her biscotti before, Laura Allen is a fan and brings samples to her workshop. It's delicious. Friends of mine hold an annual biscotti festival in which we taste different versions from around the city. I've baked my own for the group. Hers takes the cake (no pun intended).
- Margaret Zox Brown was helping Deb with her table. She's a painter in Manhattan whose work has been shown around the world. She's been a successful artist for years. Speaking with her reminded me that every successful person started where I am today.
- Jennifer Toussaint-Cali had her Vannuzza dolls on display. Speaking with her, I thought he had the most genius of concepts. Her collection is similar to the American Girl doll concept, except hers promotes multi-culturalism and learning. It's great to see people bringing positive and empowering ideas to young girls.
- Linda Levine brought the Arbonne skin and cosmetics line. Arbonne products don't have animal extracts and are not tested on animals. They are also paraben free. When I was in Wisconsin, we were looking for products that are free of carcinogens and cruelty-free. Finding her answered my quandary.
- Mary Ann Walsh, Executive Coach came to my table as well. She's an executive coach who specialises in cross-cultural training. She is able to assist people making the transition between Asia and the USA. Given the current economic climate, I thought this sounded genius.
All in all, it was a successful evening. It's so exciting being in a city where there are so many unique ideas that can grow. It's the people of this city that make it so spectacular.
During my break, I pulled out the holiday music. I've always been a big fan, I think it has to do with overloading the senses. For a couple of weeks every thing's bright, the music sappy (even in the Indie form which also tends to be cheeky) and we prepare for the holidays. Perhaps because I was raised Jewish, I'll listen to anything holiday related, any denomination, any language, it's the sentiment that counts.
Today I'm reeling from the success of yesterday's holiday party. It was wonderful. As predicted, I met some wonderful people. Plus, I bought some truly unique holidays gifts (in fact, I'd love to list them here, but don't want to give away any holiday surprises). New York is such a big city, full of so many people (which is what makes it big and culturally rich) doing exciting things. Going to events like this and the one I attended at In Good Company, I'm so inspired. There should be more opportunities to meet like this. It's not a bar, it's not a show, the common factor is that the women here are looking to meet other cool women.
One of the people I was really pleased to see was Judith Steinhart - Health & Sexuality Consultant. Judith & I had met before. I wasn't sure exactly what she did by the end of our last meeting and didn't have the opportunity to ask. But there's something about her energy that's just so compelling. Speaking with her this time, within 1 minute I felt comfortable. She's one of those people to whom you could say anything, anything in the world. She just radiates.
Her sister Deb was also selling jewelry, a beautiful necklace she designed and has on her Infinite Wishes website. We shared our experiences and excitement selling our new products for the first time. It was wonderful to know I wasn't the only person new to this experience.
Joanne Morton, brought her own Magic Passion Love and all of those feelings, while she gave readings using her Magic Passion Love cards. As the host and organizer, her warm openness really set the tone for the event.
In the end, I sold 2 items (yay!) completed some holiday shopping (bonus!), found a cool jacket and belt in the clothing swap, and spent the afternoon with some really cool women. New ideas were struck and the inspiration will last me for weeks!