The new year brought change - immediate change and change on the horizon. It's slightly overwhelming when I think about it, but luckily it's all coming at a manageable pace. I found that for February, there was simply too much going on to focus on one theme. Sure, Valentine's Day is the most obvious. But it's been done before; in fact, I have done it before. And let's face it, when it comes right down it almost every song is a love song, so the Valentine's/love theme is kind of a gimme.
So this month I decided go with my flaky, fleeting thoughts as the bounce from one task to the next. This time I'm just going with melody and rhythm. These are some of my all-time favorite songs, some new ones that are on heavy rotation and ones that my brain processes as "fun."
- The Big Pink - Stay Gold
- Danielle Dax - Big Hollow Man
- Controller.Controller - Poison/Safe
- Big Black Delta - IFUCKINGLOVEYOU
- Boney M - Rasputin
- Yeasayer - Madder Red
- The The - Uncertain Smile
- Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out
- Harry Belafonte - Man Smart (Woman Smarter)
- Blood Orange - Champagne Coast
- Kindest Lines - Running Into Next Year
- I Break Horses - Winter Beats
- Loney, Dear - Everything Turns To You
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Chairlift - Wrong Opinion
- The Ocean Blue - Vanity Fair
- Cut Off Your Hands - Nausea
- John Maus - Hey Moon
You can find this compilation on Spotify.