It's the start of a new year and time to reflect on the one that just passed. In reality, what this amounts to is a mad dash to tidy up while I still have the energy. On my desk, the semi-neatly arranged piles of items to be put away finally get addressed. This is a bit time consuming as they've been sitting since my last spurt of cleaning, which may have occurred in the spring.
This offers the perfect opportunity to go through the albums I've acquired during the previous year. Some of the more seasonal songs have already appeared on compilations. But there are always the dozen or so that seem to really stand out. Here is my collection of my favorites from 2011.
- David Lynch & Karen O - Pinky's Dream
- Mark Lanegan Band - The Gravedigger's Song
- Zola Jesus - Seekir
- La Vida Boheme - Radio Capital
- Idle Warship - The Floor
- Summer Camp - Losing My Mind
- PJ Harvey - The Last Living Rose
- Cass McCombs - The Same Thing
- Mariachi El Bronx - 48 Roses
- Cat's Eyes - Over You
- The Vaccines - All In White
- Dum Dum Girls - Hold Your Hand
- Elbow - lippy kids
- EMA - Marked
- Austra - Beat and the Pulse
- When Saints Go Machine - Kelly
- Purity Ring - Lofticries
- Blouse - Time Travel
- Bryan Ferry - You Can Dance
You can find this playlist on Spotify.